The new voicemail system is part of UMail Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging.
Speech commands let you:
- Read your voice messages with speech-to-text
- Listen to your email and calendar items over the telephone with text-to-speech
- Search for contacts from the Global Address List and send them messages
- Read or hear missed call information
Here is what you can expect:
- A “heads-up” email advising you that your voicemail will change soon
- A welcome email from Microsoft Outlook containing:
- The telephone number to access voicemail
- Your extension number
- Your first-time PIN
- One or two days later, you’ll have access to your new voicemail
Later this summer, your former voicemail system, Octel or T3, will be permanently retired. Until then, please take time to retrieve any saved messages that you need to review.
If you have questions, please contact University IT. We look forward to providing this improved voice messaging service to the University community.