A project to improve the function of the circular road in front of the Jon M. Huntsman Center begins Monday, March 18, and will be completed by Saturday, April 27. The project will make several improvements including the following:
- Add additional parking in front of the Huntsman Center
- Improve ADA parking and accessibility to the Huntsman Center
- Add new sidewalks and an ADA compliant pathway to the Huntsman Center from South Campus Drive
- Replace the existing campus shuttle/UTA shelter on South Campus Drive with a new one
- Provide a bus pullout for campus shuttles and UTA buses to pick up and drop off patrons without impacting traffic on South Campus Drive
Impacts during construction will include:
- Westbound traffic on South Campus Drive near the Huntsman Center occasionally will be limited to one lane during construction of the bus pullout.
- A detour for pedestrians using the sidewalks in front of the Huntsman Center will be in place during construction.
- There will be no parking in front of the Huntsman Center during construction.
For additional information, contact David Moyes or call 801-585-9657.