NOTE: Check back here often. We will add updated information as we receive it.
UTA will have detour information for bus routes on its website on Wednesday, June 20.
The repaving of South Campus Drive is scheduled to begin Saturday morning, June 23, around 6:30 a.m. Once completed, crews will move to North Campus Drive and finish the new asphalt overlay by Sunday evening.
Beginning June 26, crews will begin installing the permanent pavement striping/markings (thermoplastic). This is anticipated to take approximately 6-10 days. There will be lane impacts near that work effort however, the contractor will be doing the thermoplastic during the evening hours (8:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m.) so there should be minimal impacts during daytime commutes.
The schedule is weather and equipment-dependent.
- Pedestrian curbside ramp upgrades will continue this week until the repaving begins. This will require partial lane closures near work areas, and crews will maintain one travel lane at all times.
- Emergency vehicles will have access to the North Campus Drive/Mario Capecchi Drive intersection at all times.
- There will be no construction on South Campus Drive within six hours before or after any Huntsman Center event.
- There will be no construction on Wednesday, July 4.
- Construction schedules are weather and equipment dependent and subject to change.
- Anticipate minor delays through project construction areas.
For current traffic impacts from this project and all UDOT projects please click on the orange Construction Tab on the UDOT home page.